Ixtapa Spot ID
Photo credit: Rob Whitehead
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.9 °C
Ixtapa in West Guerrero is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach break provides left and right handers. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Ixtapa Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Ixtapa through a typical Septemb... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ixtapa surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guerrero surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ixtapa
Tide stations nearest to Ixtapa:
- Closest tide stationIxtapa2 mi
- Second closest tide stationZihuatanejo4 mi
- Third closest tide stationLazaro Cardenas40 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCardenas (Melchor Ocampo)41 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLazaro Cardenas44 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ixtapa:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)1109 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)1172 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)1231 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1249 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1272 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ixtapa:
- Closest city locationZihuatanejo (Mexico)4 mi
- Second closest city locationLazaro Cardenas (Mexico)44 mi
- Third closest city locationLas Guacamayas (Mexico)47 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNueva Italia de Ruiz (Mexico)99 mi
- Fifth closest city locationApatzingan de la Constitucion (Mexico)109 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ixtapa is Ixtapa Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH) in Mexico, which is 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ixtapa is Lazaro Cardenas (Lazard Cardenas) Airport (LZC), also in Mexico, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Licenciado Y Gen Ignacio Lopez Rayon (Uruapan) Airport (UPN), also in Mexico, 198 km (123 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ixtapa, Guerrero. Use the tab navigation above to view Ixtapa sea temperature, Ixtapa photographs, Ixtapa detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ixtapa webcams, current wind from Guerrero live weather stations and Ixtapa tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ixtapa.