Itapema - Norte Spot ID
Photo credit: Alemão
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.8 °C
Itapema in Santa Caterina is a quite exposed beach and point break that usually has waves. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the west southwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south. An unrowded break, even when it is working. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall Itapema - Norte Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Itapema - Norte over a normal Apri... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Itapema - Norte surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Santa Catarina - Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Itapema - Norte
- The closest passenger airport to Itapema - Norte is Navegantes Itajai Airport (NVT) in Brazil, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Itapema - Norte is Hercilio Luz (Florianopolis) Airport (FLN), also in Brazil, 64 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Joinville Airport (JOI) in Brazil, 99 km (61 miles) away.
- Afonso Pena (Curitiba) Airport (CWB) in Brazil is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Bacacheri (Curitiba) Airport (BFH), also in Brazil is the fifth nearest airport to Itapema - Norte and is 198 km (123 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Itapema - Norte, Santa Catarina - Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view Itapema - Norte sea temperature, Itapema - Norte photographs, Itapema - Norte detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Itapema - Norte webcams, current wind from Santa Catarina - Norte live weather stations and Itapema - Norte tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Itapema - Norte.