Itamambuca Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.3 °C
Itamambuca in Sao Paulo is a very sheltered river break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south. The river break favours right handers. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
Overall Itamambuca Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Itamambuca through a typical F... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Itamambuca surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to São Paulo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Itamambuca
- The closest passenger airport to Itamambuca is Sao Jose Dos Campos Airport (SJK) in Brazil, 86 km (53 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Itamambuca is Santos Air Base Airport (SSZ), also in Brazil, 138 km (86 miles) away.
- Third is Guarulhos (Sao Paulo) Airport (GRU) in Brazil, 145 km (90 miles) away.
- Santa Cruz (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (STU) in Brazil is 146 km (91 miles) away.
- Congonhas (Sao Paulo) Airport (CGH), also in Brazil is the fifth nearest airport to Itamambuca and is 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Itamambuca, São Paulo. Use the tab navigation above to view Itamambuca sea temperature, Itamambuca photographs, Itamambuca detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Itamambuca webcams, current wind from São Paulo live weather stations and Itamambuca tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Itamambuca.