Islas Marietas Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell NW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.2 °C
Islas Marietas in Nayarit is an exposed reef break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. There are left and right breaking reefs. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of urchins,.
Overall Islas Marietas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Islas Marietas over a ... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Islas Marietas surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nayarit surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Islas Marietas
Tide stations nearest to Islas Marietas:
- Closest tide stationBucerias19 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Vallarta24 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Blas62 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Patricio117 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationManzanillo140 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Islas Marietas:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)872 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)874 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)950 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1005 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1035 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Islas Marietas:
- Closest city locationPuerto Vallarta25 mi
- Second closest city locationTepic75 mi
- Third closest city locationAmeca103 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAutlan de Navarro103 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTequila116 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Islas Marietas is Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International (Puerto Vallarta) Airport (PVR) in Mexico, which is 37 km (23 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Islas Marietas is Tepic Airport (TPQ), also in Mexico, 114 km (71 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Islas Marietas, Nayarit. Use the tab navigation above to view Islas Marietas sea temperature, Islas Marietas photographs, Islas Marietas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Islas Marietas webcams, current wind from Nayarit live weather stations and Islas Marietas tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Islas Marietas.