Isla Santa Maria Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell SW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.7 °C
Isla Santa Maria in Antofagasta is an exposed reef and point break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the east southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A choice of left and right reefs and in addition, there is also a left hand point break. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care of rocks and urchins.
At Isla Santa Maria (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Antofagasta-Cerro Moreno International Airport, 16 km from Isla Santa Maria.
|light winds from the WNW|
Overall Isla Santa Maria Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Isla Santa Maria over a norm... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Isla Santa Maria surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Antofagasta surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Isla Santa Maria
Tide stations nearest to Isla Santa Maria:
- Closest tide stationAntofagasta19 mi
- Second closest tide stationTocopilla96 mi
- Third closest tide stationTaltal137 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIquique224 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCaldera252 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Isla Santa Maria:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)505 mi
- Second closest ski areaSki Arpa638 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)648 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)651 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo651 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Isla Santa Maria:
- Closest city locationAntofagasta22 mi
- Second closest city locationCalama126 mi
- Third closest city locationIquique222 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCopiapo273 mi
- Fifth closest city locationVillazon (Bolivia)332 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Isla Santa Maria is Cerro Moreno International (Antofagasta) Airport (ANF) in Chile, which is 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Isla Santa Maria is El Loa (Calama) Airport (CJC), also in Chile, 203 km (126 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Isla Santa Maria, Antofagasta. Use the tab navigation above to view Isla Santa Maria sea temperature, Isla Santa Maria photographs, Isla Santa Maria detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Isla Santa Maria webcams, current wind from Antofagasta live weather stations and Isla Santa Maria tide predictions. The Chile swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Chile and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Chile wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Isla Santa Maria.