Isla Beata Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.3 °C
Isla Beata on the South Coast is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south. A right hand reef break. Rarely crowded here. Take care of urchins, rocks, sharks and coral.
Overall Isla Beata Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image shows the combination of swells directed at Isla Beata through a typical Jul... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Isla Beata surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caribbean Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Isla Beata
Visitor Reviews of Isla Beata
Tide stations nearest to Isla Beata:
- Closest tide stationEnriquillo31 mi
- Second closest tide stationPedernales37 mi
- Third closest tide stationParaiso39 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBarahona53 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationJacmel83 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Isla Beata:
- Closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1404 mi
- Second closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1410 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1411 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1412 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1418 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Isla Beata:
- Closest city locationBarahona (Dominican Republic)53 mi
- Second closest city locationAzua de Compostela (Dominican Republic)81 mi
- Third closest city locationKenscoff (Haiti)81 mi
- Fourth closest city locationJacmel (Haiti)82 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPetionville (Haiti)84 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Isla Beata is Maria Montez International (Barahona) Airport (BRX) in Dominican Republic, which is 89 km (55 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Isla Beata is Port Au Prince International (Port-au-prince) Airport (PAP) in Haiti, 142 km (88 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic, 193 km (120 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Isla Beata, Caribbean Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Isla Beata sea temperature, Isla Beata photographs, Isla Beata detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Isla Beata webcams, current wind from Caribbean Coast live weather stations and Isla Beata tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Isla Beata.