Inishcrone Spot ID
Photo credit: Tony Reddington
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.8 °C
Inishcrone in Sligo is a fairly exposed beach and reef break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the best swell direction is from the north northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right and there is right hand reef break too.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall Inishcrone Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Inishcrone over a normal Aug... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Inishcrone surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sligo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Inishcrone
Visitor Reviews of Inishcrone
“I want to fly to the closest airport to Sligo, Ireland. Inishcrone Airport
Seems to be the closest. Are there flights from Toronto, Canada Pearson International Airport to Inishcrone Airport ? What is the closest city near this Airport?
Thank you, Gail Kelly”
Gail Kelly from CANADA - 10 Sep 2014
Tide stations nearest to Inishcrone:
- Closest tide stationWestport33 mi
- Second closest tide stationGalway65 mi
- Third closest tide stationLondonderry90 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBun Cranncha92 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationShannon104 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Inishcrone:
- Closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)237 mi
- Second closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)243 mi
- Third closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)246 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)273 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)277 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Inishcrone:
- Closest city locationGalway (Ireland)65 mi
- Second closest city locationDerry (United Kingdom)89 mi
- Third closest city locationLondonderry County Borough (United Kingdom)90 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLisburn (United Kingdom)101 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLimerick (Ireland)108 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Inishcrone is Sligo Airport (SXL) in Ireland, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Inishcrone is Connaught Airport (NOC), also in Ireland, 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Galway Airport (GWY) in Ireland is 102 km (63 miles) away.
- Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Inishcrone and is 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Inishcrone, Sligo. Use the tab navigation above to view Inishcrone sea temperature, Inishcrone photographs, Inishcrone detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Inishcrone webcams, current wind from Sligo live weather stations and Inishcrone tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Inishcrone.