Indicators Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.2 °C
Indicators in Santa Cruz is a sheltered point break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east northeast with some shelter here from northwest winds. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west northwest. Often Crowded. Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
For Santa Cruz, California, 2 km from Indicators.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Repulse Bay Wong Chuk Hang wx, 1 km from Indicators.
At Monterey Buoy, 24 miles from Indicators.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||9||9||11|
Overall Indicators Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Indicators over a normal April, ... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Indicators surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Cruz surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Indicators
- The closest passenger airport to Indicators is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Indicators is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Modesto City Co Harry Sham Airport (MOD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Indicators and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Indicators, CAL - Santa Cruz. Use the tab navigation above to view Indicators sea temperature, Indicators photographs, Indicators detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Indicators webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Cruz live weather stations and Indicators tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Indicators.