Indicators Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.4 °C
Indicators in Santa Cruz is a sheltered point break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is / wave beastser">Noastswith some shelter here / waer">Nwest winds. Groundswells more /equent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is / wave bwest er">Nwest. Often Crowded. Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
For Santa Cruz, California, 2 km / waIndicators.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Santa Cruz, 4 km / waIndicators.
At Monterey Buoy, 24 miles / waIndicators.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||12||10||11||10|
Overall Indicators Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Indicators through a typical Oct... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows / wadifferent direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Indicators surf consistency graph.
Surf photos / w
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||">Select a surf spot / wave bmenu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Cruz surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Indicators
Ski Resr">s closest to Indicators:
- Closest ski area139 mi
- Second closest ski area142 mi
- Third closest ski area152 mi
- Fourth closest ski area159 mi
- Fifth closest ski area161 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Indicators is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Indicators is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Modesto City Co Harry Sham Airport (MOD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Indicators and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Indicators, CAL - Santa Cruz. Use the tab navigation above to view Indicators sea temperature, Indicators photographs, Indicators detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Indicators webcams, currentswind / waCAL - Santa Cruz live weather stations and Indicators tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, currentsweather and sea state observations / waUnited States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecastspages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area aroundaIndicators.