Indicators Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.3 °C
Indicators in Santa Cruz is a sheltered point break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east northeast with some shelter here from northwest winds. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west northwest. Often Crowded. Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
For Santa Cruz, California, 2 km from Indicators.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Santa Cruz, 4 km from Indicators.
At Monterey Buoy, 24 miles from Indicators.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||11||10||11|
Overall Indicators Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Indicators over a normal July... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Indicators surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Cruz surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Indicators
Tide stations nearest to Indicators:
- Closest tide stationSanta Cruz1 mi
- Second closest tide stationLive Oak3 mi
- Third closest tide stationRio Del Mar7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAptos7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationElkhorn Slough railroad bridge16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Indicators:
- Closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area139 mi
- Second closest ski areaDodge Ridge142 mi
- Third closest ski areaBear Valley152 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort159 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaKirkwood161 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Indicators:
- Closest city locationSanta Cruz2 mi
- Second closest city locationWatsonville15 mi
- Third closest city locationLos Gatos19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSaratoga22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCampbell24 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Indicators is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Indicators is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Modesto City Co Harry Sham Airport (MOD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Indicators and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Indicators, CAL - Santa Cruz. Use the tab navigation above to view Indicators sea temperature, Indicators photographs, Indicators detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Indicators webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Cruz live weather stations and Indicators tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Indicators.