Indian River (Southside) Spot ID
Photo credit: J. Lillibridge
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.6 °C
Indian River (Southside) in Delaware is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. The beach breaks favour rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Beware of urchins, rips, rocks, pollution, sharks,sea-lice.
For Indian River Inlet (USCG Station), Delaware, 2 km from Indian River (Southside).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Long Neck, 6 km from Indian River (Southside).
|light winds from the N|
At Delaware Bay Buoy, 22 miles from Indian River (Southside).
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||11||9||5|
Overall Indian River (Southside) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Indian River (Southside) t... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Indian River (Southside) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Delaware surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Indian River (Southside)
Tide stations nearest to Indian River (Southside):
- Closest tide stationIndian River Inlet (USCG Station)1 mi
- Second closest tide stationInlet (bridge)n River1 mi
- Third closest tide stationOak Orchard6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRehoboth Beach8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFenwick Island Light11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Indian River (Southside):
- Closest ski areaSpring Mountain Ski Area (United States)120 mi
- Second closest ski areaBlue Marsh (United States)133 mi
- Third closest ski areaBear Creek Ski Area (United States)135 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Roundtop (United States)144 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Liberty (United States)147 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Indian River (Southside):
- Closest city locationSalisbury (United States)34 mi
- Second closest city locationDover (United States)47 mi
- Third closest city locationMillville (United States)55 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBridgeton (United States)58 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSouth Vineland (United States)58 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Indian River (Southside) is Cape May Co (Wildwood) Airport (WWD) in USA, 47 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Indian River (Southside) is Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Rgnl Airport (SBY), also in USA, 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Dover Afb Airport (DOV) in USA, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Wallops Flight Facility Airport (WAL) in USA is 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Millville Muni Airport (MIV), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Indian River (Southside) and is 85 km (53 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Indian River (Southside), Delaware. Use the tab navigation above to view Indian River (Southside) sea temperature, Indian River (Southside) photographs, Indian River (Southside) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Indian River (Southside) webcams, current wind from Delaware live weather stations and Indian River (Southside) tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Indian River (Southside).