Imperial Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.2 °C
Imperial Beach in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include rips and pollution.
For Imperial Beach, California, 1 km from Imperial Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-TIXC1, 1 km from Imperial Beach.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 53 miles from Imperial Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||15||15|
Overall Imperial Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Imperial Beach through a typical O... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Imperial Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Imperial Beach
Visitor Reviews of Imperial Beach
“I love IB! I was raised here, and it is a great place to live, work, and play. It has a small town vibe and everyone knows each other. The atmosphere is laid back and chilled. Imperial Beach is not a crowded beach, except for once a year during Sand Castles. Sand Castles is a competition held each year during July. It brings in hundreds of thousands of visitors each year, and lasts for 3 days. If you love the ocean, love community, and like to live a relaxed lifestyle, IB is for you. The water's great, come on in! There is no place like this little jewel in the most southwest point of the United States. Few people live here, less than 50,000, and the weather is perfect. The locals are friendly, so come on out!”
KristinaB from UNITED STATES - 01 Apr 2010
Tide stations nearest to Imperial Beach:
- Closest tide stationImperial Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationChula Vista3 mi
- Third closest tide stationNational City, San Diego Bay6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTijuana7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPoint Loma8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Imperial Beach:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)112 mi
- Second closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)114 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)114 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)116 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)120 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Imperial Beach:
- Closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)1 mi
- Second closest city locationChula Vista (United States)3 mi
- Third closest city locationNational City (United States)6 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTijuana (Mexico)7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLa Presa (United States)11 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Imperial Beach is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Imperial Beach is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico, 16 km (10 miles) away.
- Third is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA, 17 km (11 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA is 31 km (19 miles) away.
- General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Imperial Beach and is 101 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Imperial Beach, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Imperial Beach sea temperature, Imperial Beach photographs, Imperial Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Imperial Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Imperial Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Imperial Beach.