Ilhas das Palmas Spot ID
Photo credit: Freddie G
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.2 °C
Ilhas das Palmas in Parana is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the south. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Ilhas das Palmas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Ilhas das Palmas over a normal... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ilhas das Palmas surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Paraná surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ilhas das Palmas
- The closest passenger airport to Ilhas das Palmas is Afonso Pena (Curitiba) Airport (CWB) in Brazil, 90 km (56 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ilhas das Palmas is Joinville Airport (JOI), also in Brazil, 94 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Bacacheri (Curitiba) Airport (BFH) in Brazil, 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Navegantes Itajai Airport (NVT) in Brazil is 156 km (97 miles) away.
- Hercilio Luz (Florianopolis) Airport (FLN), also in Brazil is the fifth nearest airport to Ilhas das Palmas and is 241 km (150 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ilhas das Palmas, Paraná. Use the tab navigation above to view Ilhas das Palmas sea temperature, Ilhas das Palmas photographs, Ilhas das Palmas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ilhas das Palmas webcams, current wind from Paraná live weather stations and Ilhas das Palmas tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ilhas das Palmas.