Icarai Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.3 °C
Icarai in Ceara is an exposed beach break that has very consistent surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the south southwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Often Crowded. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall Icarai Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Icarai over a normal O... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Icarai surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Ceará surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Icarai
Tide stations nearest to Icarai:
- Closest tide stationRio Ceara (bar)3 mi
- Second closest tide stationFortaleza7 mi
- Third closest tide stationFortaleza12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMucuripe14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAquiraz24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Icarai:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)2190 mi
- Second closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)2701 mi
- Third closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)2846 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2850 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)2853 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Icarai:
- Closest city locationCaucaia (Brazil)7 mi
- Second closest city locationFortaleza (Brazil)7 mi
- Third closest city locationMaracanau (Brazil)14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationEusebio (Brazil)21 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPacatuba (Brazil)21 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Icarai is Pinto Martins International (Fortaleza) Airport (FOR) in Brazil, which is 18 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Icarai is Augusto Severo (Natal) Airport (NAT), also in Brazil, 453 km (281 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Icarai, Ceará. Use the tab navigation above to view Icarai sea temperature, Icarai photographs, Icarai detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Icarai webcams, current wind from Ceará live weather stations and Icarai tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Icarai.