Huntington Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.9 °C
Huntington Beach in Orange County is a sheltered beach break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Beware of rips, locals and pollution.
Overall Huntington Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Huntington Beach through a typical... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Huntington Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Huntington Beach
Visitor Reviews of Huntington Beach
“Very crowded during the summer months. For the most part the waves are not constantly great waves. But when their good their great! Difficulty some day's the break pretty fast! Consistency every day is different. I'm a local Haole born here.”
Jj Baker from UNITED STATES - 04 Mar 2012
Tide stations nearest to Huntington Beach:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station5 mi
- Fourth closest tide station7 mi
- Fifth closest tide station7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Huntington Beach is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Huntington Beach is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 17 km (11 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 23 km (14 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Huntington Beach and is 49 km (30 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Huntington Beach, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Huntington Beach sea temperature, Huntington Beach photographs, Huntington Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Huntington Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Huntington Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Huntington Beach.