Huntington Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.1 °C
Huntington Beach in Orange County is a sheltered beach break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Beware of rips, locals and pollution.
For Huntington Beach, 5 km from Huntington Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Huntington Beach, 4 km from Huntington Beach.
|light winds from the SE|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 61 miles from Huntington Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||17||17||17|
Overall Huntington Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Huntington Beach over ... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Huntington Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Huntington Beach
Visitor Reviews of Huntington Beach
“Very crowded during the summer months. For the most part the waves are not constantly great waves. But when their good their great! Difficulty some day's the break pretty fast! Consistency every day is different. I'm a local Haole born here.”
Jj Baker from UNITED STATES - 04 Mar 2012
Tide stations nearest to Huntington Beach:
- Closest tide stationHuntington Beach3 mi
- Second closest tide stationSanta Ana River entrance (inside)3 mi
- Third closest tide stationLos Patos (highway bridge)5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBalboa Pier, Newport Beach7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNewport Bay Entrance, Corona del Mar (2)7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Huntington Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy42 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort53 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area54 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley68 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit75 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Huntington Beach:
- Closest city locationHuntington Beach3 mi
- Second closest city locationFountain Valley5 mi
- Third closest city locationNewport Beach5 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCosta Mesa6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWestminster7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Huntington Beach is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Huntington Beach is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 17 km (11 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 23 km (14 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Huntington Beach and is 49 km (30 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Huntington Beach, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Huntington Beach sea temperature, Huntington Beach photographs, Huntington Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Huntington Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Huntington Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Huntington Beach.