Hull Bay Spot ID
Photo credit: Joe Ewing
Best: Swell N | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.2 °C
Hull Bay in Saint Thomasis a reef break. Offshore winds blow from the south southeast with some shelter here from east winds. The best swell direction is from the north. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A remote wave spot that never gets crowded. Hazards include - Urchins - Rips / undertow - Rocks.
Overall Hull Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Hull Bay through a typical January a... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hull Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Saint Thomas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hull Bay
Tide stations nearest to Hull Bay:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station7 mi
- Fifth closest tide station8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hull Bay:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1580 mi
- Second closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)1590 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1597 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1599 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)1604 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hull Bay:
- The closest passenger airport to Hull Bay is Cyril E King (St. Thomas) Airport (STT) in Virgin Isl., 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hull Bay is Terrance B Lettsome International (Roadtown/beef Island) Airport (EIS), also in Virgin Isl., 44 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is Roosevelt Roads Ns Airport (NRR) in Puerto Rico, 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Diego Jimenez Torres (Fajardo) Airport (FAJ) in Puerto Rico is 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Henry E Rohlsen (St. Criox Island) Airport (STX) in Virgin Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Hull Bay and is 76 km (47 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hull Bay, Saint Thomas. Use the tab navigation above to view Hull Bay sea temperature, Hull Bay photographs, Hull Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hull Bay webcams, current wind from Saint Thomas live weather stations and Hull Bay tide predictions. The U.S. Virgin Islands swell maps link will open up the big picture showing U.S. Virgin Islands and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from U.S. Virgin Islands wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hull Bay.