Huascar Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.5 °C
Huascar in Antofagasta is an exposed point break that has consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the east southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest.There is a left breaking point here. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of rocks and urchins.
Overall Huascar Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Huascar over a normal July, ... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Huascar surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Antofagasta surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Huascar
Tide stations nearest to Huascar:
- Closest tide stationAntofagasta12 mi
- Second closest tide stationTaltal111 mi
- Third closest tide stationTocopilla121 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCaldera226 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationIquique249 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Huascar:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)528 mi
- Second closest ski areaSki Arpa612 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)622 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)625 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo625 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Huascar:
- Closest city locationAntofagasta12 mi
- Second closest city locationCalama136 mi
- Third closest city locationCopiapo246 mi
- Fourth closest city locationIquique247 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSalta (Argentina)324 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Huascar is Cerro Moreno International (Antofagasta) Airport (ANF) in Chile, which is 41 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Huascar is El Loa (Calama) Airport (CJC), also in Chile, 219 km (136 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Huascar, Antofagasta. Use the tab navigation above to view Huascar sea temperature, Huascar photographs, Huascar detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Huascar webcams, current wind from Antofagasta live weather stations and Huascar tide predictions. The Chile swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Chile and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Chile wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Huascar.