Hornsea Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North East England, UK)
Hornsea Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.0 °C
Hornsea in North East England is a fairly exposed beach break that has unreliable waves. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around low tide. Beware of rips and groynes.
Overall Hornsea Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Hornsea over a normal May and ... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hornsea surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hornsea
Visitor Reviews of Hornsea
“Hornsea is a surprisingly punchy wave working in all tidal conditions. Generally smaller than Scarborough or Cayton. On it's day Hornsea's beach breaks can absolutely fire. With long walling lefts in north swell with the occasional barrel section. Hornsea also works well in a South swell giving fast punchy waves although a little short in length. Overall a very underrated spot with little or no crowd, producing good, fun waves. A friendly spot with a few regulars and plenty of space.”
Gary Hughes from UNITED KINGDOM - 25 Apr 2010
Tide stations nearest to Hornsea:
- Closest tide stationHornsea1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHedon11 mi
- Third closest tide stationBridlington12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHull12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationImmingham19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hornsea:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)72 mi
- Second closest ski areaCastleside (United Kingdom)94 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)96 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)103 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAllenheads (United Kingdom)104 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hornsea:
- Closest city locationBeverley (United Kingdom)12 mi
- Second closest city locationBridlington (United Kingdom)12 mi
- Third closest city locationHull (United Kingdom)14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGrimsby (United Kingdom)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCleethorpes (United Kingdom)25 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Hornsea is Humberside Airport (HUY) in England, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hornsea is Waddington Airport (WTN) in U.k., 85 km (53 miles) away.
- Third is Coningsby Airport (QCY) in England, 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England is 99 km (61 miles) away.
- Teesside Airport (MME), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Hornsea and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hornsea, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Hornsea sea temperature, Hornsea photographs, Hornsea detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hornsea webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Hornsea tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hornsea.