Honolii Beach Park Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.3 °C
Honolii Beach Park in Big Island is an exposed reef break that has very consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the southwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the northeast. There are left and right breaking reefs. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Take care of rocks, locals and sharks.
Overall Honolii Beach Park Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Honolii Beach Park over a normal... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Honolii Beach Park surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Honolii Beach Park
Visitor Reviews of Honolii Beach Park
“Vibe is easy going. Smile, be polite, come with your Aloha....or don't come at all....really.
Some times the water is thick with people and you just have to pull back. More nalu on the way, brah, just wait. So you got one week and the kama'aina got all year, don't matter. Be careful and be patient anyway. Also look out for SUPs. Some of these guys/gals are reckless. They can't control the board _and_ the paddle when things go wrong. They like to take, take, take, no give. But Mayor Billy says, "Try to get along."
So 3 breaks: point, mids, and privates. When it's pounding, you must be an excellent duck diver. Otherwise, there's usually a backdoor around privates if you've got to turtle your long board. If you take the backdoor, the rocks can be sharp, so step high or don't step at all. On regular days, just go straight out from the river mouth to mids or point. Lots of times just a one arm paddle is enough.
Parking is easy. Please do not show off your new I-Toy on the dash of your car. Lot of kids that don't have as much as you might be tempted. It's not good for you and not good for them.
Ho, and be careful of the honu. Do not touch them. Do not feed them. Da whales breach (sounds like a canon) in January and February. Too much rain in November and December browns the water and makes it cold.
He mea iki, haole, a hui hou.”
Stinger from UNITED STATES - 05 Jun 2012
Tide stations nearest to Honolii Beach Park:
- Closest tide stationHilo, Hilo Bay2 mi
- Second closest tide stationHawaiian Paradise Park14 mi
- Third closest tide stationKawaihae, Big Island52 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHonuapo Island55 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHolualoa57 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Honolii Beach Park:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2441 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2442 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2449 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2457 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)2459 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Honolii Beach Park:
- Closest city locationHilo (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationKahului (United States)117 mi
- Third closest city locationKailua (United States)206 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHonolulu (United States)208 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)210 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Honolii Beach Park is Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Honolii Beach Park is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Honolii Beach Park and is 100 km (62 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Honolii Beach Park, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Honolii Beach Park sea temperature, Honolii Beach Park photographs, Honolii Beach Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Honolii Beach Park webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Honolii Beach Park tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Honolii Beach Park.