Honls Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.0 °C
Honls in Big Island is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest. The reef provides both left and right breaks. It's sometimes crowded here. Hazards include urchins and rocks.
Overall Honls Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Honls over a normal July and... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Honls surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Honls
Visitor Reviews of Honls
Tide stations nearest to Honls:
- Closest tide stationKailua Kona, Big Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHolualoa2 mi
- Third closest tide stationNapoopoo, Kealakekua Bay Island12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKawaihae, Big Island30 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMahukona Island39 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Honls:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2488 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2490 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2498 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2508 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)2511 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Honls:
- Closest city locationHilo (United States)59 mi
- Second closest city locationHonolulu (United States)167 mi
- Third closest city locationKailua (United States)167 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)171 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWaimalu (United States)177 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Honls is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Honls is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Honls and is 99 km (61 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Honls, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Honls sea temperature, Honls photographs, Honls detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Honls webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Honls tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Honls.