Honeymoon Island Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.9 °C
Honeymoon Island in Gulf Coast, Floridais a sandbar break. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east. The location means that groundswells are unknown and the optimum wave angle is from the southwest. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for rocks.
For Anclote Key, southern end, Florida, 5 km from Honeymoon Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-FHPF1, 6 km from Honeymoon Island.
|light winds from the WNW|
At West Tampa Buoy, 105 miles from Honeymoon Island.
|Data Age||7 hr||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Honeymoon Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Honeymoon Island through a typic... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Honeymoon Island surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Honeymoon Island
Tide stations nearest to Honeymoon Island:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station5 mi
- Third closest tide station6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station8 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Honeymoon Island is St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport (PIE) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Honeymoon Island is Tampa International Airport (TPA), also in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Macdill Afb (Tampa) Airport (MCF) in USA, 44 km (27 miles) away.
- Albert Whitted (St. Petersburg) Airport (SPG) in USA is 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Honeymoon Island and is 154 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Honeymoon Island, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Honeymoon Island sea temperature, Honeymoon Island photographs, Honeymoon Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Honeymoon Island webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Honeymoon Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Honeymoon Island.