Honeymoon Island Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.6 °C
Honeymoon Island in Gulf Coast, Floridais a sandbar break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east. Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave direction is from the southwest. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Rocks are a hazard.
For Anclote Key, southern end, Florida, 5 km from Honeymoon Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-FHPF1, 6 km from Honeymoon Island.
|moderate winds from the W|
At West Tampa Buoy, 105 miles from Honeymoon Island.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||3||3||3|
Overall Honeymoon Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph describes the range of swells directed at Honeymoon Island through an average... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Honeymoon Island surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Honeymoon Island
Tide stations nearest to Honeymoon Island:
- Closest tide stationAnclote Key, southern end3 mi
- Second closest tide stationAnclote, Anclote River5 mi
- Third closest tide stationTarpon Springs, Anclote River6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNorth Anclote Key6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDunedin, Saint Joseph Sound8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Honeymoon Island:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont453 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley477 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain479 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley484 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee515 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Honeymoon Island:
- Closest city locationPalm Harbor6 mi
- Second closest city locationDunedin8 mi
- Third closest city locationEast Lake9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationClearwater12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLargo15 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Honeymoon Island is St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport (PIE) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Honeymoon Island is Tampa International Airport (TPA), also in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Macdill Afb (Tampa) Airport (MCF) in USA, 44 km (27 miles) away.
- Albert Whitted (St. Petersburg) Airport (SPG) in USA is 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Honeymoon Island and is 154 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Honeymoon Island, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Honeymoon Island sea temperature, Honeymoon Island photographs, Honeymoon Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Honeymoon Island webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Honeymoon Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Honeymoon Island.