Hollywood Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.0 °C
Hollywood Beach in Ventura County is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the east northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Likely to be crowded if working. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Localism - Sharks.
For Oxnard Shores, 2 km from Hollywood Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oxnard Airport, 5 km from Hollywood Beach.
|light winds from the W|
Dry and cloudy
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 31 miles from Hollywood Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||17||17||17|
Overall Hollywood Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Hollywood Beach through a typical ... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hollywood Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Ventura surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hollywood Beach
Tide stations nearest to Hollywood Beach:
- Closest tide stationOxnard Shores1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort Hueneme2 mi
- Third closest tide stationOxnard4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationVentura7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMugu Lagoon (ocean pier)9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hollywood Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy88 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort90 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area90 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows113 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Valley126 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hollywood Beach:
- Closest city locationOxnard Shores1 mi
- Second closest city locationOxnard4 mi
- Third closest city locationVentura7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCamarillo12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Paula16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Hollywood Beach is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hollywood Beach is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Third is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hollywood Beach and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hollywood Beach, CAL - Ventura. Use the tab navigation above to view Hollywood Beach sea temperature, Hollywood Beach photographs, Hollywood Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hollywood Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Ventura live weather stations and Hollywood Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hollywood Beach.