Hollywood Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.1 °C
Hollywood Beach in Ventura County is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. It's often crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism - Sharks.
Overall Hollywood Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Hollywood Beach through an avera... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hollywood Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Ventura surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hollywood Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Hollywood Beach is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hollywood Beach is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Third is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hollywood Beach and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hollywood Beach, CAL - Ventura. Use the tab navigation above to view Hollywood Beach sea temperature, Hollywood Beach photographs, Hollywood Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hollywood Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Ventura live weather stations and Hollywood Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hollywood Beach.