Hollywood Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
Hollywood Beach in Ventura County is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the east northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. It's often crowded here. Take care of - Rips / undertow - Localism - Sharks.
For Oxnard Shores, 2 km from Hollywood Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oxnard Airport, 5 km from Hollywood Beach.
|moderate winds from the W|
Dry and partly cloudy
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 31 miles from Hollywood Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||14||13||14|
Overall Hollywood Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Hollywood Beach through an average July... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hollywood Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Ventura surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hollywood Beach
Visitor Reviews of Hollywood Beach
Tide stations nearest to Hollywood Beach:
- Closest tide stationOxnard Shores1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort Hueneme2 mi
- Third closest tide stationOxnard4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationVentura7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMugu Lagoon (ocean pier)9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hollywood Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)88 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)90 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)90 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows (United States)113 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)126 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hollywood Beach:
- Closest city locationOxnard Shores (United States)1 mi
- Second closest city locationOxnard (United States)4 mi
- Third closest city locationVentura (United States)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCamarillo (United States)12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Paula (United States)16 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hollywood Beach, CAL - Ventura. Use the tab navigation above to view Hollywood Beach sea temperature, Hollywood Beach photographs, Hollywood Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hollywood Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Ventura live weather stations and Hollywood Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hollywood Beach.