Hoddevik Spot ID
Photo credit: b
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 6.0 °C
Hoddevik in South and West Norway is a fairly exposed beach break that has very reliable surf. Offshore winds blow from the southeast with some shelter here from north winds. The ideal swell direction from the northwest. The beach breaks favour lefts. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Take care of .
Overall Hoddevik Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Hoddevik through a typical May... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hoddevik surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South and West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hoddevik
- The closest passenger airport to Hoddevik is Floro Airport (FRO) in Norway, 61 km (38 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hoddevik is Vigra (Alesund) Airport (AES), also in Norway, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Aro (Molde) Airport (MOL) in Norway, 129 km (80 miles) away.
- Sogndal Haukasen Airport (SOG) in Norway is 150 km (93 miles) away.
- Kristiansund Kvernberget Airport (KSU), also in Norway is the fifth nearest airport to Hoddevik and is 175 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hoddevik, South and West. Use the tab navigation above to view Hoddevik sea temperature, Hoddevik photographs, Hoddevik detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hoddevik webcams, current wind from South and West live weather stations and Hoddevik tide predictions. The Norway swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Norway and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Norway wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hoddevik.