Hobson's Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.5 °C
Hobson's in Ventura Countyis a reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. Rarely crowded here. Take care of - Rocks.
For Rincon Island, California, 3 km from Hobson's.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Carpinteria wx, 9 km from Hobson's.
At East Santa Barbara Buoy, 25 miles from Hobson's.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Hobson's Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Hobson's over a normal... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hobson's surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Ventura surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hobson's
- The closest passenger airport to Hobson's is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hobson's is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR), also in USA, 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Third is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 102 km (63 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hobson's and is 115 km (71 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hobson's, CAL - Ventura. Use the tab navigation above to view Hobson's sea temperature, Hobson's photographs, Hobson's detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hobson's webcams, current wind from CAL - Ventura live weather stations and Hobson's tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hobson's.