Hitherhills Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.8 °C
Hitherhills in Long Island NY is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of the strong rips here.
For Promised Land, Napeague Bay, Long Island Sound, New York, 3 km from Hitherhills.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Amagansett, 7 km from Hitherhills.
At Montauk Point Buoy, 21 miles from Hitherhills.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||11||11||10|
Overall Hitherhills Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Hitherhills through a typical No... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hitherhills surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hitherhills
Tide stations nearest to Hitherhills:
- Closest tide stationPromised Land, Napeague Bay, Long Island Sound2 mi
- Second closest tide stationMontauk, Fort Pond Bay6 mi
- Third closest tide stationLake Montauk, Long Island7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMontauk Harbor entrance, Long Island Sound8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationThreemile Harbor entrance, Gardiners Bay, Long Island Sound8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hitherhills:
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)45 mi
- Second closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)49 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area (United States)62 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Sundown (United States)75 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMohawk Mountain (United States)88 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hitherhills:
- Closest city locationNew London (United States)25 mi
- Second closest city locationNorwich (United States)37 mi
- Third closest city locationBranford (United States)45 mi
- Fourth closest city locationShirley (United States)45 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEast Haven (United States)47 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Hitherhills is The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hitherhills is Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP), also in USA, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Third is Igor I Sikorsky Mem (Stratford) Airport (BDR) in USA, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hitherhills and is 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hitherhills, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Hitherhills sea temperature, Hitherhills photographs, Hitherhills detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hitherhills webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Hitherhills tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hitherhills.