Highcliffe Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.3 °C
Highcliffe on the South Coast is a fairly exposed beach break that only works when conditions are just right. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide.
For Christchurch, 5 km from Highcliffe.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Bournemouth Airport, 11 km from Highcliffe.
|moderate winds from the WNW|
Rain and snow or hail
At Channel Islands Buoy, 78 miles from Highcliffe.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall Highcliffe Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Highcliffe through a... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Highcliffe surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Highcliffe
Visitor Reviews of Highcliffe
“Just have to say, I've been down here a few times now, the surf is often messy and is inconsistent with tides changing quickly; you can be looking at nice, clean 3 footers on the way down to the beach and by the time you get there, 1ft mess. Although the surf is inconsistent and often messy, catch it on a good day with decent swell and a calm breeze you can be looking at lovely 5ft beauties with a 10 second spacing, even a couple of barrels out there! With a strong swell, I would definitely recommend.”
Warren Wentworth from UNITED KINGDOM - 10 Oct 2010
Tide stations nearest to Highcliffe:
- Closest tide stationChristchurch3 mi
- Second closest tide stationLymington7 mi
- Third closest tide stationBournemouth8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFreshwater9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPoole12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Highcliffe:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)211 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)269 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)273 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)277 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)278 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Highcliffe:
- Closest city locationChristchurch (United Kingdom)3 mi
- Second closest city locationBournemouth (United Kingdom)9 mi
- Third closest city locationNew Forest (United Kingdom)11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPoole (United Kingdom)12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTotton (United Kingdom)16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Highcliffe is Bournemouth Airport (BOH) in England, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Highcliffe is Southampton Airport (SOU), also in England, 34 km (21 miles) away.
- Third is Yeovilton Airport (YEO) in U.k., 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Lyneham Airport (LYE) in U.k. is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Bristol Airport (BRS) in England is the fifth nearest airport to Highcliffe and is 102 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Highcliffe, South Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Highcliffe sea temperature, Highcliffe photographs, Highcliffe detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Highcliffe webcams, current wind from South Coast live weather stations and Highcliffe tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Highcliffe.