Hendaye Plage Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.0 °C
Hendaye Plage in La Cote Basque is a fairly exposed beach and reef break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the south with some shelter here from west winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers and there is a right hand reef break as well.. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Hendaye Plage Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Hendaye Plage through a typi... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hendaye Plage surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to La Cote Basque surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hendaye Plage
Tide stations nearest to Hendaye Plage:
- Closest tide stationFuenterrabia1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHendaye1 mi
- Third closest tide stationSaint Jean de Luz5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPasajes9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBidart10 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hendaye Plage:
- Closest ski areaLa Pierre Saint Martin (France)58 mi
- Second closest ski areaAstun (Spain)75 mi
- Third closest ski areaCandanchu (Spain)75 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaArtouste (France)76 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGourette (France)78 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hendaye Plage:
- Closest city locationErrenteria (Spain)8 mi
- Second closest city locationSan Sebastian (Spain)11 mi
- Third closest city locationAnglet (France)14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBiarritz-Bayonne-Anglet (France)14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBiarritz (France)14 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Hendaye Plage is San Sebastian Airport (EAS) in Spain, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hendaye Plage is Anglet (Biarritz-bayonne) Airport (BIQ) in France, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Pamplona Airport (PNA) in Spain, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Bilbao Airport (BIO) in Spain is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Vitoria Airport (VIT), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Hendaye Plage and is 95 km (59 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hendaye Plage, La Cote Basque. Use the tab navigation above to view Hendaye Plage sea temperature, Hendaye Plage photographs, Hendaye Plage detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hendaye Plage webcams, current wind from La Cote Basque live weather stations and Hendaye Plage tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hendaye Plage.