Hartlepool Spot ID
Photo credit: Adam
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell NE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.9 °C
Hartlepool in North East England is a quite exposed beach and reef break that does not work very often. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. Works best in offshore winds from the west northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Beware of rocks/pollution.
Overall Hartlepool Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Hartlepool through an average Ju... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hartlepool surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hartlepool
Visitor Reviews of Hartlepool
Tide stations nearest to Hartlepool:
- Closest tide stationHartlepool1 mi
- Second closest tide stationRiver Tees4 mi
- Third closest tide stationMiddlesbrough7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPeterlee8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTeesside9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hartlepool:
- Closest ski areaCastleside (United Kingdom)29 mi
- Second closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)37 mi
- Third closest ski areaAllenheads (United Kingdom)42 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)43 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)46 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hartlepool:
- Closest city locationHartlepool (United Kingdom)1 mi
- Second closest city locationBillingham (United Kingdom)7 mi
- Third closest city locationMiddlesbrough (United Kingdom)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPeterlee (United Kingdom)8 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRedcar (United Kingdom)8 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Hartlepool is Teesside Airport (MME) in England, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hartlepool is Newcastle Airport (NCL), also in England, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England, 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Carlisle Airport (CAX) in England is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Humberside Airport (HUY), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Hartlepool and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hartlepool, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Hartlepool sea temperature, Hartlepool photographs, Hartlepool detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hartlepool webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Hartlepool tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hartlepool.