Hare Creek Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Mendocino County, USA)
Hare Creek Spot ID
Photo credit: James Hershey
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.4 °C
Hare Creek in Mendocino Countyis a sandbar break that has unreliable waves. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. An unrowded break, even when it is working. Beware of - Rocks - Pollution.
For Noyo River, California, 1 km from Hare Creek.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Fort Bragg, 5 km from Hare Creek.
At PT Arena Buoy, 17 miles from Hare Creek.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||12||13||11||12|
Overall Hare Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This image shows the range of swells directed at Hare Creek through a typical April, ba... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hare Creek surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Mendocino County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hare Creek
Visitor Reviews of Hare Creek
Tide stations nearest to Hare Creek:
- Closest tide stationNoyo River1 mi
- Second closest tide stationFort Bragg Landing2 mi
- Third closest tide stationMendocino, Mendocino Bay8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAlbion14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWestport15 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hare Creek:
- Closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)147 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)162 mi
- Third closest ski areaCoppervale (United States)181 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)183 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSoda Springs (United States)183 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hare Creek:
- Closest city locationWindsor (United States)81 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Rosa (United States)90 mi
- Third closest city locationRohnert Park (United States)96 mi
- Fourth closest city locationEureka (United States)96 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPetaluma (United States)104 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hare Creek, CAL - Mendocino County. Use the tab navigation above to view Hare Creek sea temperature, Hare Creek photographs, Hare Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hare Creek webcams, current wind from CAL - Mendocino County live weather stations and Hare Creek tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hare Creek.