Hanalei Bay Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell N | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.5 °C
Hanalei Bay in Kauai is an exposed reef and point break that has consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the south southeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the north. There is a right hand reef break Good surf at all stages of the tide. A popular wave that can get growded. Beware of locals and sharks.
Overall Hanalei Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Hanalei Bay through an avera... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hanalei Bay surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Kaua'i surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hanalei Bay
Visitor Reviews of Hanalei Bay
“Water Quality: 2.5 The Water Quality is good if it has not been raining much and the Water Quality is bad if it has been raining hard.”
Don. from UNITED STATES - 16 Jan 2014
- The closest passenger airport to Hanalei Bay is Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl., 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hanalei Bay is Barking Sands Pmrf Airport (BKH), also in Usa Kauai Isl., 37 km (23 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 151 km (94 miles) away.
- Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl. is 191 km (119 miles) away.
- Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Hanalei Bay and is 198 km (123 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hanalei Bay, HAW - Kaua'i. Use the tab navigation above to view Hanalei Bay sea temperature, Hanalei Bay photographs, Hanalei Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hanalei Bay webcams, current wind from HAW - Kaua'i live weather stations and Hanalei Bay tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hanalei Bay.