Hammonds Reef Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.9 °C
Hammonds Reef in Santa Barbara is a sheltered reef break that has consistent surf . Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The right hand reef break is better than the left.. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Hazards include rocks, private and locals.
Overall Hammonds Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure describes the range of swells directed at Hammonds Reef over a normal Novemb... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hammonds Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Barbara surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hammonds Reef
Tide stations nearest to Hammonds Reef:
- Closest tide stationMontecito1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSanta Barbara3 mi
- Third closest tide stationCarpinteria6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationGoleta11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRincon Island12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hammonds Reef:
- Closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows (United States)108 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)111 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)111 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)111 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)149 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hammonds Reef:
- Closest city locationSanta Barbara (United States)6 mi
- Second closest city locationGoleta (United States)11 mi
- Third closest city locationVentura (United States)24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOxnard Shores (United States)27 mi
- Fifth closest city locationOxnard (United States)31 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Hammonds Reef is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hammonds Reef is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG), also in USA, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA, 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA is 124 km (77 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hammonds Reef and is 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hammonds Reef, CAL - Santa Barbara. Use the tab navigation above to view Hammonds Reef sea temperature, Hammonds Reef photographs, Hammonds Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hammonds Reef webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Barbara live weather stations and Hammonds Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hammonds Reef.