Hammonds Reef Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.4 °C
Hammonds Reef in Santa Barbara is a sheltered reef break that has consistent surf . Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The right hand reef break is better than the left.. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Hazards include rocks, private and locals.
For Montecito, 2 km from Hammonds Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-NTBC1, 6 km from Hammonds Reef.
At East Santa Barbara Buoy, 17 miles from Hammonds Reef.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Hammonds Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Hammonds Reef over a normal Feb... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hammonds Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Barbara surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hammonds Reef
- The closest passenger airport to Hammonds Reef is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hammonds Reef is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG), also in USA, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA, 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA is 124 km (77 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hammonds Reef and is 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hammonds Reef, CAL - Santa Barbara. Use the tab navigation above to view Hammonds Reef sea temperature, Hammonds Reef photographs, Hammonds Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hammonds Reef webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Barbara live weather stations and Hammonds Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hammonds Reef.