Hammerland Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.9 °C
Hammerland in Los Angeles Countyis a breakwater break. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the east northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of rips, obstacles, locals and pollution.
For El Segundo, Santa Monica Bay, California, 2 km from Hammerland.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Manhattan Beach, 1 km from Hammerland.
|light winds from the WSW|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 39 miles from Hammerland.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||16||16||15||17|
Overall Hammerland Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Hammerland through an averag... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hammerland surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hammerland
Tide stations nearest to Hammerland:
- Closest tide stationEl Segundo, Santa Monica Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationManhattan Beach2 mi
- Third closest tide stationKing Harbor, Santa Monica Bay4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMarina del Rey6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPalos Verdes Estates7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hammerland:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy46 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort53 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area54 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley83 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit91 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hammerland:
- Closest city locationManhattan Beach2 mi
- Second closest city locationLos Angeles International Airport2 mi
- Third closest city locationHawthorne4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLawndale4 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRedondo Beach4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Hammerland is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hammerland is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR), also in USA, 8 km (5 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 27 km (17 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 33 km (20 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hammerland and is 57 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hammerland, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Hammerland sea temperature, Hammerland photographs, Hammerland detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hammerland webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Hammerland tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hammerland.