Hammerland Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.6 °C
Hammerland in Los Angeles Countyis a breakwater break. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the east northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rips, obstacles, locals and pollution.
Overall Hammerland Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Hammerland through a typic... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hammerland surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hammerland
- The closest passenger airport to Hammerland is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hammerland is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR), also in USA, 8 km (5 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 27 km (17 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 33 km (20 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hammerland and is 57 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hammerland, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Hammerland sea temperature, Hammerland photographs, Hammerland detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hammerland webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Hammerland tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hammerland.