Hakashita Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.8 °C
Hakashita in Kyu Shu is an exposed reef break that has inconsistent surf The best wind direction is from the northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the optimum wave angle is from the southeast. There is a left hand reef break. Sometimes crowded. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Hakashita Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Hakashita through a typical May an... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hakashita surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kyu Shu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hakashita
- The closest passenger airport to Hakashita is Miyazaki Airport (KMI) in Japan, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hakashita is Kagoshima Airport (KOJ), also in Japan, 94 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Kumamoto Airport (KMJ) in Japan, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Oita Airport (OIT) in Japan is 139 km (86 miles) away.
- Nagasaki Airport (NGS), also in Japan is the fifth nearest airport to Hakashita and is 173 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hakashita, Kyu Shu. Use the tab navigation above to view Hakashita sea temperature, Hakashita photographs, Hakashita detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hakashita webcams, current wind from Kyu Shu live weather stations and Hakashita tide predictions. The Japan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Japan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Japan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hakashita.