Hafnir Spot ID
Photo credit: odinnk
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 7.8 °C
Hafnir in Reykjanes Peninsula is a fairly exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the east and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the southwest. There is no reef break. Crowds are never a problem here. Take care of rips, rocks.
Overall Hafnir Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Hafnir through an average May an... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hafnir surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Reykjanes Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hafnir
- The closest passenger airport to Hafnir is Keflavik Nas Airport (KEF) in Iceland, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hafnir is Reykjavik Airport (RKV), also in Iceland, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is Vestmannaeyjar Airport (VEY) in Iceland, 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Patreksfjordur Airport (PFJ) in Iceland is 190 km (118 miles) away.
- Isafjordur Airport (IFJ), also in Iceland is the fifth nearest airport to Hafnir and is 237 km (147 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hafnir, Reykjanes Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view Hafnir sea temperature, Hafnir photographs, Hafnir detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hafnir webcams, current wind from Reykjanes Peninsula live weather stations and Hafnir tide predictions. The Iceland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Iceland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Iceland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hafnir.