Hafnir Spot ID
Photo credit: odinnk
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 6.3 °C
Hafnir in Reykjanes Peninsula is a quite exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. No reef break here. The location means that it never gets crowded. Hazards include rips, rocks.
Overall Hafnir Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Hafnir through a typical Novembe... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hafnir surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Reykjanes Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hafnir
Tide stations nearest to Hafnir:
- Closest tide stationKeflavik6 mi
- Second closest tide stationSandgeroi10 mi
- Third closest tide stationHafnarfjordur25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNjarovik26 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationReykjavik27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Hafnir:
- Closest ski areaBlafjoll (Iceland)29 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnjofell (Iceland)118 mi
- Third closest ski areaKerlingarfjoll (Iceland)121 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAkureyri (Iceland)178 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)773 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Hafnir:
- Closest city locationHafnarfjordur (Iceland)25 mi
- Second closest city locationKopavogur (Iceland)27 mi
- Third closest city locationReykjavik (Iceland)27 mi
- Fourth closest city locationInverness (United Kingdom)764 mi
- Fifth closest city locationDerry (United Kingdom)816 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Hafnir is Keflavik Nas Airport (KEF) in Iceland, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hafnir is Reykjavik Airport (RKV), also in Iceland, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is Vestmannaeyjar Airport (VEY) in Iceland, 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Patreksfjordur Airport (PFJ) in Iceland is 190 km (118 miles) away.
- Isafjordur Airport (IFJ), also in Iceland is the fifth nearest airport to Hafnir and is 237 km (147 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hafnir, Reykjanes Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view Hafnir sea temperature, Hafnir photographs, Hafnir detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hafnir webcams, current wind from Reykjanes Peninsula live weather stations and Hafnir tide predictions. The Iceland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Iceland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Iceland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hafnir.