H-Reef Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.0 °C
H-Reef in Maui is an exposed reef break that has quite consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the south. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. The left reef break is best, but there is a right reef too.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for urchins, rips, rocks, locals and sharks.
Overall H-Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The graph describes the range of swells directed at H-Reef through an average December,... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single H-Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of H-Reef
- The closest passenger airport to H-Reef is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 8 km (5 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to H-Reef is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl., 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to H-Reef and is 79 km (49 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for H-Reef, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view H-Reef sea temperature, H-Reef photographs, H-Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, H-Reef webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and H-Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around H-Reef.