Gyongpo Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.8 °C
Gyongpo Beach in South Koreais a sandbar break that has fairly consistent surf. The favoured conditions for surfing are during the cyclone season. Offshore winds blow from the west. The ideal swell direction from the east. The sandbar break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
Overall Gyongpo Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the combination of swells directed at Gyongpo Beach through a ty... (show all text)
The graph describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gyongpo Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South Korea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gyongpo Beach
Tide stations nearest to Gyongpo Beach:
- Closest tide stationMukho21 mi
- Second closest tide stationTonghae25 mi
- Third closest tide stationSokcho28 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSamch'ok29 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKosong46 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Gyongpo Beach:
- Closest ski areaAlpensia Ski Resort17 mi
- Second closest ski areaYongpyong18 mi
- Third closest ski areaPhoenix Park Ski World35 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHigh1 Ski Resort42 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWelli Hilli Park42 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Gyongpo Beach:
- Closest city locationKangnung6 mi
- Second closest city locationTonghae25 mi
- Third closest city locationSokcho28 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSamch'ok29 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTaebaek44 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Gyongpo Beach is Gangneung (Kangnung) Airport (KAG) in Korea, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gyongpo Beach is Sokcho (Sokch'o) Airport (SHO), also in Korea, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Third is Yecheon (Yechon) Airport (YEC) in Korea, 140 km (87 miles) away.
- Seoul Ab Airport (SSN) in Korea is 163 km (101 miles) away.
- Osan Ab Airport (OSN), also in Korea is the fifth nearest airport to Gyongpo Beach and is 184 km (114 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gyongpo Beach, South Korea. Use the tab navigation above to view Gyongpo Beach sea temperature, Gyongpo Beach photographs, Gyongpo Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gyongpo Beach webcams, current wind from South Korea live weather stations and Gyongpo Beach tide predictions. The South Korea swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Korea and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Korea wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gyongpo Beach.