Gyongpo Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.2 °C
Gyongpo Beach in South Koreais a sandbar break that has reasonably consistent surf. The best conditions for surfing are during the cyclone season. Offshore winds blow from the west. The optimum well angle is from the east. The sandbar breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. The location means that it never gets crowded. Watch out for - Rips / undertow.
Overall Gyongpo Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Gyongpo Beach through a typi... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gyongpo Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South Korea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gyongpo Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Gyongpo Beach is Gangneung (Kangnung) Airport (KAG) in Korea, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gyongpo Beach is Sokcho (Sokch'o) Airport (SHO), also in Korea, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Third is Yecheon (Yechon) Airport (YEC) in Korea, 140 km (87 miles) away.
- Seoul Ab Airport (SSN) in Korea is 163 km (101 miles) away.
- Osan Ab Airport (OSN), also in Korea is the fifth nearest airport to Gyongpo Beach and is 184 km (114 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gyongpo Beach, South Korea. Use the tab navigation above to view Gyongpo Beach sea temperature, Gyongpo Beach photographs, Gyongpo Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gyongpo Beach webcams, current wind from South Korea live weather stations and Gyongpo Beach tide predictions. The South Korea swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Korea and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Korea wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gyongpo Beach.