Gyllyngvase Beach Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.3 °C
Gyllyngvase Beach in South Cornwall is a sheltered beach and reef break that has unreliable waves. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right as well as a left hand reef break.. It's often crowded here.
For Falmouth, England, 1 km from Gyllyngvase Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Culdrose (navy base), 15 km from Gyllyngvase Beach.
|light winds from the NNW|
At Sevenstones Buoy, 46 miles from Gyllyngvase Beach.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||6||5||5||5|
Overall Gyllyngvase Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Gyllyngvase Beach over a normal August... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gyllyngvase Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (South) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gyllyngvase Beach
Visitor Reviews of Gyllyngvase Beach
“Full of students!!!!!”
sdfg from UNITED KINGDOM - 10 Oct 2010
Tide stations nearest to Gyllyngvase Beach:
- Closest tide stationFalmouth1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPenryn2 mi
- Third closest tide stationTruro9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHayle16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint Austell19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Gyllyngvase Beach:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)285 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)316 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)337 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)337 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)337 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Gyllyngvase Beach:
- Closest city locationPlymouth (United Kingdom)43 mi
- Second closest city locationPaignton (United Kingdom)69 mi
- Third closest city locationNewton Abbot (United Kingdom)70 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTorquay (United Kingdom)73 mi
- Fifth closest city locationExeter (United Kingdom)78 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Gyllyngvase Beach is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gyllyngvase Beach is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 177 km (110 miles) away.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Gyllyngvase Beach and is 185 km (115 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gyllyngvase Beach, Cornwall (South). Use the tab navigation above to view Gyllyngvase Beach sea temperature, Gyllyngvase Beach photographs, Gyllyngvase Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gyllyngvase Beach webcams, current wind from Cornwall (South) live weather stations and Gyllyngvase Beach tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gyllyngvase Beach.