Gyllyngvase Beach Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.5 °C
Gyllyngvase Beach in South Cornwall is a sheltered beach and reef break that has unreliable waves. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right as well as a left hand reef break.. It's often crowded here.
For Falmouth, England, 1 km from Gyllyngvase Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Culdrose (navy base), 15 km from Gyllyngvase Beach.
|light winds from the WSW|
Overall Gyllyngvase Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Gyllyngvase Beach over a n... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gyllyngvase Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (South) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gyllyngvase Beach
Visitor Reviews of Gyllyngvase Beach
“Full of students!!!!!”
sdfg from UNITED KINGDOM - 10 Oct 2010
Tide stations nearest to Gyllyngvase Beach:
- Closest tide stationFalmouth1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPenryn2 mi
- Third closest tide stationTruro9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHayle16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint Austell19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Gyllyngvase Beach:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre285 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise316 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club337 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common337 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss337 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Gyllyngvase Beach:
- Closest city locationPlymouth43 mi
- Second closest city locationPaignton69 mi
- Third closest city locationNewton Abbot70 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTorquay73 mi
- Fifth closest city locationExeter78 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Gyllyngvase Beach is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gyllyngvase Beach is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 177 km (110 miles) away.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Gyllyngvase Beach and is 185 km (115 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gyllyngvase Beach, Cornwall (South). Use the tab navigation above to view Gyllyngvase Beach sea temperature, Gyllyngvase Beach photographs, Gyllyngvase Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gyllyngvase Beach webcams, current wind from Cornwall (South) live weather stations and Gyllyngvase Beach tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gyllyngvase Beach.