Gunwalloe Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.6 °C
Gunwalloe in South Cornwall is an exposed beach break that only works when conditions are just right. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Sometimes crowded.
Overall Gunwalloe Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Gunwalloe through a typical February, ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gunwalloe surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (South) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gunwalloe
- The closest passenger airport to Gunwalloe is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 48 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gunwalloe is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 153 km (95 miles) away.
- Guipavas (Brest) Airport (BES) in France is 189 km (117 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Gunwalloe and is 192 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gunwalloe, Cornwall (South). Use the tab navigation above to view Gunwalloe sea temperature, Gunwalloe photographs, Gunwalloe detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gunwalloe webcams, current wind from Cornwall (South) live weather stations and Gunwalloe tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gunwalloe.