Gunwalloe Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(South Cornwall, UK)
Gunwalloe Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.5 °C
Gunwalloe in South Cornwall is an exposed beach break that only works when conditions are just right. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Sometimes crowded.
For Church Cove, 2 km from Gunwalloe.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Culdrose (navy base), 4 km from Gunwalloe.
|light winds from the WNW|
At Sevenstones Buoy, 37 miles from Gunwalloe.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5||6||6||6|
Overall Gunwalloe Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Gunwalloe over a normal April and... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gunwalloe surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (South) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gunwalloe
Visitor Reviews of Gunwalloe
Tide stations nearest to Gunwalloe:
- Closest tide stationHayle11 mi
- Second closest tide stationPenryn11 mi
- Third closest tide stationNewlyn12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFalmouth12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSt Ives14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Gunwalloe:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)295 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)325 mi
- Third closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)346 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)346 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)346 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Gunwalloe:
- Closest city locationPlymouth (United Kingdom)54 mi
- Second closest city locationPaignton (United Kingdom)80 mi
- Third closest city locationNewton Abbot (United Kingdom)81 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTorbay (United Kingdom)84 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTorquay (United Kingdom)84 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Gunwalloe is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 48 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gunwalloe is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 153 km (95 miles) away.
- Guipavas (Brest) Airport (BES) in France is 189 km (117 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Gunwalloe and is 192 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gunwalloe, Cornwall (South). Use the tab navigation above to view Gunwalloe sea temperature, Gunwalloe photographs, Gunwalloe detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gunwalloe webcams, current wind from Cornwall (South) live weather stations and Gunwalloe tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gunwalloe.