Gunnamatta Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.6 °C
Gunnamatta Beach in Mornington Peninsula is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Hazards include rips and sharks.
Overall Gunnamatta Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the variation of swells directed at Gunnamatta Beach through an ... (show all text)
The figure shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gunnamatta Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Mornington Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gunnamatta Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Gunnamatta Beach is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 58 km (36 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gunnamatta Beach is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Gunnamatta Beach and is 324 km (201 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gunnamatta Beach, VIC - Mornington Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view Gunnamatta Beach sea temperature, Gunnamatta Beach photographs, Gunnamatta Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gunnamatta Beach webcams, current wind from VIC - Mornington Peninsula live weather stations and Gunnamatta Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gunnamatta Beach.