Gunnamatta Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.3 °C
Gunnamatta Beach in Mornington Peninsula is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Hazards include rips and sharks.
Overall Gunnamatta Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Gunnamatta Beach through a... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gunnamatta Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Mornington Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gunnamatta Beach
Tide stations nearest to Gunnamatta Beach:
- Closest tide stationPort Phillip Heads17 mi
- Second closest tide stationStony Point20 mi
- Third closest tide stationWesternport20 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPhillip Island20 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHastings21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Gunnamatta Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)67 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)86 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)88 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)90 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)125 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Gunnamatta Beach:
- Closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)27 mi
- Second closest city locationGeelong (Australia)31 mi
- Third closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)34 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHoppers Crossing (Australia)41 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMelbourne (Australia)49 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Gunnamatta Beach is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 58 km (36 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gunnamatta Beach is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Gunnamatta Beach and is 324 km (201 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gunnamatta Beach, VIC - Mornington Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view Gunnamatta Beach sea temperature, Gunnamatta Beach photographs, Gunnamatta Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gunnamatta Beach webcams, current wind from VIC - Mornington Peninsula live weather stations and Gunnamatta Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gunnamatta Beach.