Guacuco Spot ID
Best: Swell ENE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.3 °C
Guacuco in Isla Margarita is an exposed beach break that has reliable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the east northeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rocks and sharks.
Overall Guacuco Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Guacuco through an average... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Guacuco surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Isla Margarita surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Guacuco
Visitor Reviews of Guacuco
“Playa Guacuco is a beachbreak that is reliable if you are looking for waves between 0.6 and 1.8 meters. It is quite consistent all over the year, altough winter season is known as the best, being responsible for higher and stronger waves. Located in the south of the caribbean, it occurs that hurricanes heading north 'shave' the island and wave height increases up to 3 meters. On the other hand, everyday waves present the flaw to be too short and too irregular to allow longer rides (superior to 40 seconds).”
Albert Philipp Tarter from VENEZUELA - 18 Aug 2012
Tide stations nearest to Guacuco:
- Closest tide stationJuan Griego9 mi
- Second closest tide stationPorlamar9 mi
- Third closest tide stationCarupano49 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCumaná50 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPuerto La Cruz82 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Guacuco:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1687 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1929 mi
- Third closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)2045 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)2052 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)2060 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Guacuco:
- Closest city locationLa Asuncion (Venezuela)4 mi
- Second closest city locationJuan Griego (Venezuela)9 mi
- Third closest city locationPorlamar (Venezuela)9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCarupano (Venezuela)49 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCumana (Venezuela)50 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Guacuco is Del Caribe International Gen Santago Marino (Porlamar) Airport (PMV) in Venezuela, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Guacuco is General Jose Francisco Bermudez (Carupano) Airport (CUP), also in Venezuela, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Third is Antonio Jose De Sucre (Cumana) Airport (CUM) in Venezuela, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- General Jose Antonio Anzoategui International (Barcelona) Airport (BLA) in Venezuela is 143 km (89 miles) away.
- Maturin Airport (MUN), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to Guacuco and is 164 km (102 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Guacuco, Isla Margarita. Use the tab navigation above to view Guacuco sea temperature, Guacuco photographs, Guacuco detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Guacuco webcams, current wind from Isla Margarita live weather stations and Guacuco tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Guacuco.