Grand Haven Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: -0.8 °C
Grand Haven in Lake Michigan is an exposed beach/Pier break that has quite reliable surf Offshore winds are from the east. There is too little fetch for groundswells to form and the ideal wave angle is from the west. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Rocks are a hazard.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Michigan surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Grand Haven
Visitor Reviews of Grand Haven
Tide stations nearest to Grand Haven:
- Closest tide stationChain Bridge548 mi
- Second closest tide stationChain Bridge, one miles below549 mi
- Third closest tide stationKey Bridge551 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWoodbridge552 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTriangle553 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Grand Haven:
- Closest ski areaMulligan's Hollow Ski Bowl (United States)28 mi
- Second closest ski areaBittersweet Ski Area (United States)36 mi
- Third closest ski areaCannonsburg (United States)39 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTimber Ridge (United States)50 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSwiss Valley (United States)70 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Grand Haven:
- Closest city locationHolland (United States)7 mi
- Second closest city locationMuskegon (United States)26 mi
- Third closest city locationWyoming (United States)27 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGrand Rapids (United States)29 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKentwood (United States)30 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Grand Haven is Gerald R Ford International (Grand Rapids) Airport (GRR) in USA, 58 km (36 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Grand Haven is Capital City (Lansing) Airport (LAN), also in USA, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is General Mitchell International (Milwaukee) Airport (MKE) in USA, 136 km (84 miles) away.
- Waukegan Rgnl (Chicago) Airport (UGN) in USA is 142 km (88 miles) away.
- Chicago Ohare International Airport (ORD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Grand Haven and is 168 km (104 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Grand Haven, Lake Michigan. Use the tab navigation above to view Grand Haven sea temperature, Grand Haven photographs, Grand Haven detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Grand Haven webcams, current wind from Lake Michigan live weather stations and Grand Haven tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Grand Haven.