Golden Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.0 °C
Golden Bay in Malta - Mediterranean is a quite exposed sandbar break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the east and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Still reasonable in light onshore winds Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave angle is from the west. The sandbar breaks are all lefts. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Hazards include .
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Mediterranean surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Golden Bay
Ski Resorts closest to Golden Bay:
- The closest passenger airport to Golden Bay is Luqa (Malta) Airport (MLA) in Malta, 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Golden Bay is Lampedusa Airport (LMP) in Italy, 163 km (101 miles) away.
- Third is Sigonella Airport (NSY) in Italy, 171 km (106 miles) away.
- Catania Fontanarossa Airport (CTA) in Italy is 182 km (113 miles) away.
- Pantelleria Airport (PNL), also in Italy is the fifth nearest airport to Golden Bay and is 234 km (145 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Golden Bay, Mediterranean. Use the tab navigation above to view Golden Bay sea temperature, Golden Bay photographs, Golden Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Golden Bay webcams, current wind from Mediterranean live weather stations and Golden Bay tide predictions. The Malta swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Malta and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Malta wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Golden Bay.