Glyfada (Corfu) Spot ID
Photo credit: Petros
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.1 °C
Glyfada (Corfu) in Ionian Sea is an exposed beach break. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northeast with some shelter here from northwest winds. Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks peel to the left and a right hand reef break too. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when the surf is up, crowds are unknown. Watch out for Urchins.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Ionian Sea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Glyfada (Corfu)
- The closest passenger airport to Glyfada (Corfu) is Ioannis Kapodistrias International (Kerkyra/corfu) Airport (CFU) in Greece, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Glyfada (Corfu) is Ioannina Airport (IOA), also in Greece, 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Third is Aktio (Preveza) Airport (PVK) in Greece, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Aristotelis (Kastoria) Airport (KSO) in Greece is 157 km (98 miles) away.
- Lecce Airport (LCC) in Italy is the fifth nearest airport to Glyfada (Corfu) and is 160 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Glyfada (Corfu), Ionian Sea. Use the tab navigation above to view Glyfada (Corfu) sea temperature, Glyfada (Corfu) photographs, Glyfada (Corfu) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Glyfada (Corfu) webcams, current wind from Ionian Sea live weather stations and Glyfada (Corfu) tide predictions. The Greece swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Greece and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Greece wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Glyfada (Corfu).