Glen Eden Spot ID
Best: Swell ESE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.6 °C
Glen Eden in East London is an exposed beach break that has dependable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west northwest. Able to handle light onshore wind Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the east southeast. The beach breaks offers right-handers. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for rips and sharks.
Overall Glen Eden Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Glen Eden through a typical Ap... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Glen Eden surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eastern Cape - Wild Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Glen Eden
- The closest passenger airport to Glen Eden is East London Airport (ELS) in South Africa, 35 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Glen Eden is Bisho Airport (VIY), also in South Africa, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is Umtata Airport (UTT) in South Africa, 153 km (95 miles) away.
- Queenstown Airport (UTW) in South Africa is 155 km (96 miles) away.
- Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Glen Eden and is 265 km (165 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Glen Eden, Eastern Cape - Wild Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Glen Eden sea temperature, Glen Eden photographs, Glen Eden detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Glen Eden webcams, current wind from Eastern Cape - Wild Coast live weather stations and Glen Eden tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Glen Eden.