Gills Bay Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.6 °C
Gills Bay on the North Coast is a reasonably exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Gills Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Gills Bay over a normal Novem... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gills Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Scot - North Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gills Bay
Tide stations nearest to Gills Bay:
- Closest tide stationScrabster14 mi
- Second closest tide stationWick14 mi
- Third closest tide stationKirkwall24 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLossiemouth64 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBuckie68 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Gills Bay:
- Closest ski areaThe Lecht (United Kingdom)99 mi
- Second closest ski areaCairngorm (United Kingdom)106 mi
- Third closest ski areaGlenshee (United Kingdom)127 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)141 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)152 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Gills Bay:
- Closest city locationInverness (United Kingdom)91 mi
- Second closest city locationAberdeen (United Kingdom)109 mi
- Third closest city locationDundee (United Kingdom)150 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPerth (United Kingdom)155 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGlenrothes (United Kingdom)168 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Gills Bay is Wick Airport (WIC) in U.k., 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gills Bay is Kirkwall Airport (KOI) in Scotland, 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Lossiemouth Airport (LMO) in U.k, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Inverness Airport (INV) in U.k is 133 km (83 miles) away.
- Dyce (Aberdeen) Airport (ABZ), also in U.k is the fifth nearest airport to Gills Bay and is 170 km (106 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gills Bay, Scot - North Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Gills Bay sea temperature, Gills Bay photographs, Gills Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gills Bay webcams, current wind from Scot - North Coast live weather stations and Gills Bay tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gills Bay.