Gilligans Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 31.6 °C
Gilligans in Sumatra (Mentawi Islands) is an exposed reef break that has very consistent surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the optimum time of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. A right hand reef break. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Gilligans Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Gilligans through a typical Ju... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gilligans surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Mentawi Islands surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gilligans
Tide stations nearest to Gilligans:
- Closest tide stationPariaman155 mi
- Second closest tide stationBengkulu168 mi
- Third closest tide stationKualatungkal277 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSibolga329 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAir Musi343 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Gilligans:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)2676 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)2799 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)2854 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)2857 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)3050 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Gilligans:
- Closest city locationSungaipenuh108 mi
- Second closest city locationPadang131 mi
- Third closest city locationSolok149 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPariaman155 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSijunjung163 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Gilligans is Tabing (Padang) Airport (PDG) in Indonesia, which is 223 km (139 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Gilligans is Padang Kemiling (Bengkulu) Airport (BKS), also in Indonesia, 280 km (174 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gilligans, Mentawi Islands. Use the tab navigation above to view Gilligans sea temperature, Gilligans photographs, Gilligans detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gilligans webcams, current wind from Mentawi Islands live weather stations and Gilligans tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gilligans.