Georgica (East Hampton) Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.8 °C
Georgia (East Hampton) in Long Island NY is an exposed beach/Jetties break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Promised Land, Napeague Bay, Long Island Sound, New York, 10 km from Georgica (East Hampton).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Amagansett, 6 km from Georgica (East Hampton).
|light winds from the ESE|
At Montauk Point Buoy, 19 miles from Georgica (East Hampton).
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||8||8||8|
Overall Georgica (East Hampton) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Georgica (East Hampton) through ... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Georgica (East Hampton) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Georgica (East Hampton)
Tide stations nearest to Georgica (East Hampton):
- Closest tide stationPromised Land, Napeague Bay, Long Island Sound6 mi
- Second closest tide stationThreemile Harbor entrance, Gardiners Bay, Long Island Sound6 mi
- Third closest tide stationCedar Point, Long Island Sound7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSag Harbor, Long Island Sound7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNoyack Bay, Long Island Sound9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Georgica (East Hampton):
- Closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)47 mi
- Second closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)52 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area (United States)58 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Sundown (United States)74 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaThunder Ridge (United States)83 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Georgica (East Hampton):
- Closest city locationNew London (United States)29 mi
- Second closest city locationShirley (United States)38 mi
- Third closest city locationBranford (United States)40 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNorwich (United States)40 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEast Haven (United States)43 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Georgia (East Hampton) is The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Georgia (East Hampton) is Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP), also in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Third is Igor I Sikorsky Mem (Stratford) Airport (BDR) in USA, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD) in USA is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Georgia (East Hampton) and is 106 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Georgica (East Hampton), Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Georgica (East Hampton) sea temperature, Georgica (East Hampton) photographs, Georgica (East Hampton) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Georgica (East Hampton) webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Georgica (East Hampton) tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Georgica (East Hampton).