Georges Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(San Diego County, USA)
Georges Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.1 °C
Georges in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of crowds and rocks.
For Solana Beach, 7 km from Georges.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Leucadia, 2 km from Georges.
|light winds from the WSW|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 57 miles from Georges.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||15||14||14|
Overall Georges Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Georges through a typical May,... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Georges surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Georges
Visitor Reviews of Georges
Tide stations nearest to Georges:
- Closest tide stationSolana Beach4 mi
- Second closest tide stationCarlsbad8 mi
- Third closest tide stationOceanside12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCrown Point, Mission Bay19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Georges:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)83 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)83 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)85 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)85 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)91 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Georges:
- Closest city locationEncinitas (United States)1 mi
- Second closest city locationCarlsbad (United States)8 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Marcos (United States)11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVista (United States)11 mi
- Fifth closest city locationOceanside (United States)12 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Georges is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Georges is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 39 km (24 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 64 km (40 miles) away.
- Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Georges and is 88 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Georges, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Georges sea temperature, Georges photographs, Georges detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Georges webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Georges tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Georges.