Gas Chambers Spot ID
Photo credit: William perez
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.1 °C
Gas Chambers in Atlantic is a quite exposed beach and reef break that has unreliable waves. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells A right hand reef. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of urchins, rips and rocks.
At Aguadilla, Crashboat Beach, Puerto Rico (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Aguadilla/Rafael Hernández Airport, 6 km from Gas Chambers.
|light winds from the ESE|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Gas Chambers Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Gas Chambers through a typic... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Gas Chambers surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Puerto Rico surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Gas Chambers
Ski Resorts closest to Gas Chambers:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1492 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1504 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1509 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1514 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1516 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Gas Chambers is Rafael Hernandez (Aguadilla) Airport (BQN) in Puerto Rico, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Gas Chambers is Eugenio Maria De Hostos (Mayaguez) Airport (MAZ), also in Puerto Rico, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Mercedita (Ponce) Airport (PSE) in Puerto Rico, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci (San Juan) Airport (SIG) in Puerto Rico is 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Luis Munoz Marin International (San Juan) Airport (SJU), also in Puerto Rico is the fifth nearest airport to Gas Chambers and is 123 km (76 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Gas Chambers, Puerto Rico. Use the tab navigation above to view Gas Chambers sea temperature, Gas Chambers photographs, Gas Chambers detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Gas Chambers webcams, current wind from Puerto Rico live weather stations and Gas Chambers tide predictions. The Puerto Rico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Puerto Rico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Puerto Rico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Gas Chambers.