Garths Reef Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.3 °C
Garths Reef in Del Norte County is a sheltered reef break that only works once in a while. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. A right hand reef break. Best around low tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for sharks.
For Crescent City, California, 6 km from Garths Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Crescent City Airport, 2 km from Garths Reef.
|light winds from the S|
Dry and cloudy
At St Georges Buoy, 9 miles from Garths Reef.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||8|
Overall Garths Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Garths Reef through an average June,... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Garths Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Del Norte County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Garths Reef
Tide stations nearest to Garths Reef:
- Closest tide stationCrescent City4 mi
- Second closest tide stationBrookings, Chetco Cove19 mi
- Third closest tide stationWedderburn, Rogue River47 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTrinidad Harbor50 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMcKinleyville57 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Garths Reef:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland83 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta110 mi
- Third closest ski areaWillamette Pass169 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area185 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Bachelor200 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Garths Reef:
- Closest city locationGrants Pass66 mi
- Second closest city locationEureka68 mi
- Third closest city locationMedford80 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRedding126 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEugene168 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Garths Reef is Chico Muni Airport (CIC) in USA, which is 298 km (185 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Garths Reef is Beale Afb (Marysville) Airport (BAB), also in USA, 377 km (234 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Garths Reef, CAL - Del Norte County. Use the tab navigation above to view Garths Reef sea temperature, Garths Reef photographs, Garths Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Garths Reef webcams, current wind from CAL - Del Norte County live weather stations and Garths Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Garths Reef.