Garrettstown Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.0 °C
Garrettstown in County Cork is an exposed beach and point break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves Best around low tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Take care of submerged obstacles,groynes and rocks.
Overall Garrettstown Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Garrettstown through a typ... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Garrettstown surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cork surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Garrettstown
Ski Resorts closest to Garrettstown:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)308 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)318 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)336 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)338 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)341 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Garrettstown is Cork Airport (ORK) in Ireland, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Garrettstown is Kerry Airport (KIR), also in Ireland, 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 120 km (75 miles) away.
- Waterford Airport (WAT) in Ireland is 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Galway Airport (GWY), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Garrettstown and is 186 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Garrettstown, Cork. Use the tab navigation above to view Garrettstown sea temperature, Garrettstown photographs, Garrettstown detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Garrettstown webcams, current wind from Cork live weather stations and Garrettstown tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Garrettstown.