Garden City Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.8 °C
Garden City Pier in South Carolina is an exposed beach/Pier break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the south southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Likely to be crowded if working. Take care of rips, rocks, locals and pollution.
For Garden City Bridge, Main Creek, South Carolina, 1 km from Garden City Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-MROS1, 11 km from Garden City Pier.
|light winds from the SE|
Overall Garden City Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Garden City Pier through an avera... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Garden City Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Garden City Pier
Tide stations nearest to Garden City Pier:
- Closest tide stationGarden City Bridge, Main Creek1 mi
- Second closest tide stationGarden City Pier (ocean)1 mi
- Third closest tide stationCaptain Alex's Marina, Parsonage Creek3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationDivine's Dock3 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSmith's Dock, Murrells Inlet4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Garden City Pier:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort217 mi
- Second closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain234 mi
- Third closest ski areaSugar Mountain241 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHawksnest242 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Beech Mountain Resort247 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Garden City Pier:
- Closest city locationMyrtle Beach10 mi
- Second closest city locationFlorence61 mi
- Third closest city locationGoose Creek73 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNorth Charleston76 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCharleston78 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Garden City Pier is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Garden City Pier is Florence Rgnl Airport (FLO), also in USA, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island, 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS) in USA is 123 km (76 miles) away.
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Garden City Pier and is 127 km (79 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Garden City Pier, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Garden City Pier sea temperature, Garden City Pier photographs, Garden City Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Garden City Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Garden City Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Garden City Pier.